C. S. Lewis Journal

Here you will find the journal entries I have written in response to various books I have read, written by C. S. Lewis. In particular, these are in response to the HON 303R course requirement.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Poems and the World's Last Night

The poems were very nice. I especially liked the one called "Joys That Sting". I read it to my wife.

In the World's Last Night, once again Jack seems to have drifted off topic. That is just how it appears to me. He starts out discussing the apocalypse, and then starts talking about evolution of all things. I liked his point about the hardly known character in King Lear, First Servant, who died trying to save Gloucester. He acts as he knows he should, without any concern for what its effects will be later on. It's like Dr. Laura says, "Do the right thing and let the chips fall where they may."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home